Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Why Do I Blog?

Been thinking this for a while lately.. Though just a while, but I think it's worth writing this down since our learned (and unfortunately 'blogosphobic') ministers been harping on this "bloggers" thing lately.

No need to say or attach any link here, and all of you will know what I am talking about..

So.. Back to the main topic here. Why I start blogging?

Is it because I want to be famous? No. Is it that I want to make more friends? No (though I don't have many). Is it that I want to make money through blogging? No (and I don't even know how even if there is such a possibility).

It has been raining here since 5pm. Not heavy, though. But sufficient to cause some traffic jam around here in town. Wonder why or what or how rain can cause traffic jam.?

The rain is not to be blamed. It could be our country's drainage system is not good enough to make sure that the rain has sufficient 'exit'.

There is another thing that perplexes me here. It's the jam that caused by accidents.

Hey..traffic jam can happen even though the accident occurred on the opposite side of the road. What on earth are these people here thinking of? Are they so courteous that they slowed down to pay 'respect' to the victim of the incident? Or is it because the accident has blocked the highway, which I doubt most of the time..

Why on earth those people slowed down and "watch" the aftermath of the accident where in fact they can't, or won't, offer any help? Some even stopped in the middle of the road, for a few seconds, just to watch and see the wreckage and then continues his/her journey.

Remember hearing from my parents when I was a kid, that people here tend to slow down on the scene of accident "to take number". I didn't believed this and dismissed it as silly, until I see it myself where this driver literally stopped his car to look at the front of the wreck of the accident. What else that guy could have been doing besides taking down the "number".

Is it a pleasure by slowing down and looking at people at the scene of accident, and then drove away not offering any help?

Come on everyone!! Be more courteous and drive; and not to cause a massive traffic jam just because of a small accident and you want to 'take down the number plate'.

I belief all Malaysian drivers do encounter with such situation, and it seems that this is a tolerated "value" here.

Alright, a little side tracking here. Now, now.. I know why I started blogging. I don't want to be famous. Ok, I want to make more friends but don't know how. And obviously everyone wants to make more money too. But making money while blogging? Sorry, I don't know how, too.

I started blogging is because my interest in writing. Since I was very young, I was, and still is, facinated by authors of books, magazines, journals and articles who can write with such fluency, beautifully put and grammatically perfect.

So I has been writing short (and I mean real short) articles in my school, but never get published anywhere because my 'half past six' command in English. I was particularly happy when my teacher assigned us with essay writing. I could think of a story out of no where but not able to put it into words since I didn't know where or how to word them. Then this 'wierd' interest of mine was dropped after I went into college, as I need to complete assignments and more assignments.

So, before the end of year 2006, I made myself a resolution. That is to start a blog. A blog of my own where I can write whatever I want and like. About my life. My daily events and happenings. And more. I don't side any of the political parties. I am not a politician. Just wanting to write my thoughts and comments.. (and hope I don't get sued for my own thoughts)

And, it has been 3 months since I started blogging here in January 2007.

From what I have written here, looking back, I have not done much writing, though. Looks like I have been reading and reading and putting up articles here without writing anything of which associated to why I started this blog.

I think this article will be the first ever that I have properly written here. Hope that I can give my readers more interesting things to read, rather than some boring newspaper write-up.

2 comments:

zewt said...

I thought you went off topic in the middle of your entry there. Very angry with those busy bodies huh… haha. Oh well, that is Malaysia for you… only know how to look and talk but never make any effort to help.

Your English is not that bad, I have seen worse, and some are really atrocious. But don’t worry, there won't be any English teacher here correcting your blog. So keep blogging, don’t stop.

Hmmm… looks like we started blogging at the same time.

Daniel said...

Zewt, ya..really fed up with those inconsiderate people out there causing unnecessary traffic jam....