Friday, December 19, 2008

A Sudden Phone Call From Dad

Tis week has been a very hectic week for me n my colleague, as we were in charged of giving training to customers. And things were made worse when our company server went down several times.

Then a couple of days ago, my phone suddenly rang. And I answered. It was from my dad.

Me: Hi, father.
Dad: You free to talk?
Me: Ya, just for a while. Anything urgent?
Dad: Oh... nothing much actually. But can u come here on Friday evening after ur work? ("here" is referring to my dad's house, as I am staying away from my parents)
Me: Why? What's wrong?
Dad: Nothing. Don't worry. It's not convenient to talk over the phone. Come back n I'll tell u.

So for d past couple of days, I have been wondering what could have happened that dad wants me to go back specifically on Friday? And so, i went back to my dad's house after work today, to find out what has happened that he called me back so urgently.

"Son, I need ur help," dad said. "I hv been facing some major financial problem now n I don't know what to do." And he carry on to explain to me about the detail.

After I heard him, my feel so sad. My dad has all this while been a very strong man and being a typical Chinese, it's extremely hard for him to open his mouth to ask for help from his son. All this while, he has been earning more money than me (how? I am not very sure), and I have been seeking his assistance, financially, to help me. But now. This respectable strong man of mine has broken down. The pain in my heart is hard to explain.

"I'll help you," is the only thing I said, even though I know very well that, at this moment, it's hard for me to give any help. But he is my father! No matter how tough it is, "I Will Help!" This is what I tell myself. But how? I really don't know how...

I hope God will hear my prayers. Yes, I have sinned. I have done bad things. I have utter bad words. I have bad thoughts. But I hope God will hear my prayers, and help my dad. He is a good man.

No comments: