Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A Good Nursing Home

I was having dinner with my parents last month and during what seems like a usual chat, a topic was started about my grandmother who had a stroke last year. She has been wheelchair bound since then and my mother has been caring for her since. Cooking, feeding, cleaning, bathing, etc.

Mother has not complained a bit, but we know that this has been taking a toll of my 55-year-old mother's health. And Dad said that he can't see the two women in his life goes down because of bad health. So I started searching for a nursing care homes for my grandmother.

I found Bettercaring.com. After going through all the online information, I told Dad about bettercaring.com and my dad told grandmother about their sending her to a nursing home. It was hard for grandmother to accept it in the first place, but after explaining to her all the information that we have gathered about nursing homes, grandma agreed.

It was hard for us too to send grandma to a nursing home but we believe that this is for the good of both grandmother and my mother. And thanks to bettercaring.com that I have found a lot of very useful information on nursing homes as well as clearing my doubts about caring for our family members who are unable to take care of themselves.

No comments: