Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Torturous Call To The Technical Support

I was having a short chat with one of my colleague, WM, just now on the way to a meeting (u know ler... gotto "pat" (ké poh) a bit n see what's the updated thing in the company hehehe)

Me: Wei... leng cai. Wassup, fren.
WM: (holding onto the phone) ~sigh~ Tis is the 3rd time I m calling the technical helpdesk liow.
Me: Y? What happen? (ké poh must b fully wan ma hahahaha)
WM: My laptop lor... giving me problem for the past few days. So I called the helpdesk n they said oledi fixed. But, see now! I hv to restart my machine n cannot log in.

I don't know about other people, but personally, I find it torturous to call the helpdesk to get help of any sort that happen to your computer. If u r not a technical or a "computer" person and the first thing that u'll do when u've got some (and I mean very little, puny, minor or small) technical hiccup is to call the "helpdesk".

But what happen when u call them? U'll definitely get the answering machine "Welcome to the %$#&^# helpdesk. Please be advised that your call will be monitored for ......" and other long long crap before u can get another automatic message that says "For &*^&% please Press 1. For %$%$# please Press 2 ..."

Come on lar!!! We call the help desk bcos we r not a "computer" person who can resolve our technical problem. Why on earth giving us that sort of technical thing to choose when we have our own problem unresolved!!? Why not blardy pass the blardy call to a HUMAN technical person to kow tim our ma-fun stuff leh..!!! Why must go thru all the "Press tis, Press tat" thingy where u people know very well that we blardy want to speak to a HUMAN...

Okay... finally u get to speak to one of the HUMAN technical support fella n u told him/her ur problem (n u think "finally... a human to solve my problem. No more stupid answering machine") Then what happen...

"I am sorry, Sir. We'll need to escalate your issue to the Higher Level Support. Can I get your contact so that the Higher Level Support technical person can get in touch with you" they'll tell u."

Haiya!!! This is adding to my high blood pressure, mann!!! Why make me wait with ur answering machine n then pour out my problem to a human technical person who in the end telling me that he can't settle my problem bcos he's so stoopeed that he dunno what happen to ur machine!!!

No wonder people nowadays got so many 'Job Related Health Problem' hahahahahahaha



p.s. later i gotto go see doctor to get my blood pressure checked

2 comments:

Mumsgather said...

Yah yah. I hate calling "support" of any sort, technical la, customer service la, bank la. Sure blood pressure rise one.

Anonymous said...

I onced called a helpdesk abt my router. The fella troubleshooted with me on phone for 1 hour before he admit he cant solve the prob and give me a ref number for exchange! Vomit blood!