Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Are You Ready?

Or should i say "Am I ready?" This was the question that came from my friend when he called yesterday evening.

This friend of mine has not been in touch with me for a very long time n suddenly he called me for a chat. Then when we talked about my wife's pregnant, he asked "eh... are u ready?" My answer is "Of Course..!!! What r u talking, man..." (then we chat n laughed over some other matter n the conversation lasted pretty long before we hanged up)

Sitting down on the couch n thinking back our conversation earlier has made me wonder "Am I ready?"

Friends who know me well enough will know that Daniel WAS NOT a 'children-person'. He dislike young kids who are running around making noise, crying, screaming, yelling n making a mess out of everything n their parents will b picking up after the 'mess'. Daniel's gonna freak out seeing another devil looking like himself running around in his house. That's why my friend popped up that question yesterday

Daniel can be ready in all that needed to be prepared to welcome the little baby in a few months. Buying all the necessary stuff. Diapers. Milk bottles. Baby bath n shampoo. But is Daniel ready mentally n psychologically?
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

OF COURSE DANIEL'S READY!!

What is this friend of mine thinking har..!!? If Daniel's not ready, then he ain't gonna agree with his wifey that we will add a new member to our little family lor. What is this friend of mine thinking har..!!? Then I won't be doing all the readings n researching n writing all those Parenting posts lor hor

5 comments:

Horny Ang Moh said...

Do u sleep like a pig???
R u prepare to to wake up every two hour to feed ur baby every night untill he is about 3 months old???
R u ready to change ur baby smelly & yucky diaper?
Do u know how to prepare ur baby milk??
Will u panic when ur baby cry non-stop???
R u prepare to spend a few days in the hospital while ur baby is in the incubator for johndese??
This are just some of the 'skill' u need as a father!
I am not here to scare u but u will find it all worthwhile when ur baby first call u 'da da'!
Have a nice day!

Daniel said...

Horny, u sound like an experienced 'da da' hahaha ;p

sharlydia said...

i'm glad that u'r all ready for the lil one to arrive...

BTW i've done the monthly flavor tag...Thx!

Mumsgather said...

You sound ready. I was never comfortable around kids either but now I can tell you a lot about kids. Heck! I even maintain not just one but two Parenting blogs. Hahaha. Siao!

Daniel said...

hi Sharlydia, hope u dun mind i 'passed' u the 'headache' hehehe ;p
hi Mumsgather, really respect u lor can maintain so many blogs. It's hard 4 me 2 even maintain 1.. hehe