Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Money Can't Buy Everything

Man: I don't like these lights. They are cheap. I want chandeliers in my living hall.
Designer: But, Sir... A chandelier will not fit your living hall.
Man: Don't try to convince me, young lady. I've got money. Give me a chandelier in my living hall.
Designer: Okay, Sir. And I have this range of furnishing to your home and (showing a catalogue) this set of sofa is perfect for your Study Room.
Man: No... No... I don't want all these..! Show me something else. Something more "standard". "Class"
Designer: Sir, sorry to interrupt. But, the design to your home is of a modern contemporary and those nostalgic standard and classic furnishing will not go with the contemporary design.
Man: Young lady, listen to me. Give me what I want. I've got money.
Designer: Sir, I'll have to disagree with you here...
Man: Young lady, this is the last time I'll say this! I've got money. Give me what I want or I'll have your company's contract terminated.

Have U met anyone like the "Man" before? I have... A man who earns a lot of $$ and is so very proud that he doesn't care about other people. Only he exists in this world. Only he can afford the things he desires bcos HE'S GOT MONEY!!!
He, a man, who likes to brag to the whole world that a day of work for himself can generate an income that an ordinary person (working for an organisation) need to work for a year..!! A man who thinks that he owns the wealth of the world. A man who 'owns the wealth of the world' that he buys things without thinking, with CASH.

Have U met anyone like this? Is MONEY the only thing in this world? I've been brought up with the thought that Money Can't Buy Everything. But this man doesn't seem to understand it. Tell me that you don't agree with me Money Can't Buy Everything


4 comments:

Mumsgather said...

Money definitely cannot buy love and happiness. :)

'Good Boy' said...

Well I do meant such a person! But he is very humble now as he is going to died soon! Now he understand all the money in the world is useless if u r going to died soon!
Do remember ' Money can't buy everything but no money can buy u nothing!'
Have a nice day!

Horny Ang Moh said...

P/s The good boy fellow is actually a 'off spring' of me!!! Id is wrongly used!
Have a nice day!

Daniel said...

hi mumsgather, u r totally rite. $$ can't buy love n happiness bcos they r earned n not bought
Horny, ya can't bring all the $$ with us 2 our grave