Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Why Ban It When It's Showing The History (and May Be The Truth)

28 Feb 2007
I am concerned about the ban of the 'Apa Khabar Orang Kampung' by the Malaysia's film censorship board.

So, now. Come to think of it. This question I need to ask: Should we not recognise the contributions by the Communists fighting for our country's independence?

Ok, then. Since I commented/criticised on the actions of the Government, they'll call me an anti-government. Now that I have asked for the recognition of the contribution by the Communist, they'll now marked me as a Communist.. hahahahaha

Back to the issue mentioned. If given a chance, I would like to watch 'Apa Khabar Orang Kampung'. Not because I support the idea of Communism, but would like to appreciate their contributions towards our country's independence as well as the live (and suffering) they had gone through.

For those who had joined the Communist Party of Malaya (CPM) during the era, I appreciate that their intention were good. That is to fight for the country's independence. And, the only avenue to do so was to bring to the jungle. So, why not recognise their contributions?

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Contribution, partly, indeed. As you said, Allied, 'Clearly the communist did share the common purpose, to obtain independance..'

Let's forget about the Communism vs. Nationalist doctrine/interest. And tell them that we need to know, or you can call it as Part of History.

BTW, thanks for dropping by. Appreciate it. Thanks again.