Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Mourning Over Her Passing

(19/04/2009) 11:15 am: I was washing my car when Yvonne came out n say, "hey, ur dad has been calling ur mobile phone many times" which I replied, "It's ok... I call him back later". (15 minutes later) My house phone rang again. Answering the phone to hear my dad's voice, "Daniel, Ah Mar (grandmother) has just passed away"

With that, I was standing there dunno what to say and do. All that I can say is "What time?" and my dad told me it's 11am. She was 93-year-old.

Prayers have been performed for the past few days n I tried my best to hold back my tears. But, today (21/4/2009) I cried. At the crematorium, I cried. I couldn't hold back anymore when I saw my grandma's casket slowly being pushed into the cremator furnace n my mother cried "Can't see Ah Mar anymore". Tears were flowing from everybody's eyes. I cried. I wanted to say "I'm sorry, Ah Mar. I have not been a very good grandson. Please forgive me. I am sorry"

Looking up the the crematorium, smoke was coming out of the chimney n I cried again. I couldn't hold back my tears thinking that I couldn't have the chance to see my grandmother anymore. She'll always be in our heart.

Rest In Peace my beloved grandmother

2 comments:

Maggiemee said...

My sincere condolences to you and your family during this time of grief. Take care my friend... am sure she hears you and misses you too...

Daniel said...

Thanks Mag. We sure miss her very much