Thursday, March 29, 2007

Love Your Parents

This is a story which I would like to share with all following my last post here. Can't really remember from where I read it though.. but anyway here goes.

The title to this story is The Apple Tree.

Long back ago... There was a huge Apple tree. And a little boy loves to play with it.

He love to climb the tree; love to eat the fruits.... and love to take naps under its shadow...

...Time went on... The boy has grown up and no longer play around the tree.

One day, the boy came. The Tree asked, "Hi, come and play with me.." to which the Boy replied, "I am not a kid. I don't play around tree"... "I play with toys. I need money to buy toys."

The tree said, "I don't have money, but you can take my apples and sell it. You will get the money."

The boy picked all the apples of the tree and went.... He sold the apples and got money... bought a lot of toys... But he didn't turn back. The tree was sad again.

One day, again the boy came. He became a young man now. The tree said, "Hi, why are you sad? Come and sit under my shadow... I am feeling very lonely without you.." The boy said, "I don't have time. I work for my family... I want to build home for them. I need money.."

The tree said, "I don't have money. You can take my branches and trunk... and build your home.."

The boy became very happy. He cut all the branches and trunk of the tree. And built a home for him.

Again the tree become alone... and sad... The boy didn't turn back... Time passed on...

After a long time, the boy came back. He was old, sad, tired and lonely...

The tree asked, "Why are you sad? I wish I can help you.."
"..but I don't have apples.. I don't have branches and even I don't have shadow.."

The boy (now an old man) replied, "I am tired of my life... I am alone..."
"...I just need you... Can I sit down at your roots?"

The boy sat down... both were happy and weeping.

Is the boy really cruel and selfish?

NO... We are all like him.. And treating our parents like that...

The tree is like our parent. We love to play them when we were kids... We leave them alone and only to come to them when we are in need or in trouble...

Always, we don't have time for our parents. However, our parents will always give everything, to make us happy, and solve our problem...

What do they want in return? Just our company!!

Please love your parents. Don't forget them Give them TIME.!! Give them your COMPANY.!! GRATITUDE them.!! CHERISH them.!! LOVE them.!!

One can get child as many as he wants. But PARENTS he only get once.

2 comments:

zewt said...

i am really struggling to love the dad that i hate. i am doing it for my mom....

Daniel said...

hating someone is harder than loving that person.. so why hate when you have an easier (or may I say better) alternative. That's to love..