Friday, September 7, 2007

Get Out Of My F@&%#*G Way!!!

Since my 1st post on the rudeness-on-the-road topic in February this year, I have seen many of such rudeness and arrogance by our motorists on the road.

It's just like what Haley Joel Osment had whispered "it’s everywhere"
And I personally witnessed such RUDENESS of our countryman yesterday after leaving my office.

It was about 6.40pm yesterday. Driving from Sungai Buluh towards Gombak on the MRR2. It was the usual traffic queue at the traffic junction before turning right going to Gombak. So I was faithfully waiting in the line for the traffic light to turn green and proceed with my journey.

However, there was a young couple and I really mean young (in their early 20's) in a Proton Wira came out from Taman Sri Gombak and out it forced itself into the queue right in front of me.
They were trying to force themselves into the very right lane where they can make a U-turn. However, they were stucked there, right in front of my car, as the van which was in front of me before they "squeezed in" couldn't give way as the traffic light was still red.

So now they can't move anywhere, and was stcuked between the van and the side of the MRR2 flyover bridge. Guess what they did...

The male driver actually hooted (and I mean the long & loud honk..) at the van!!! How on earth can the van driver move his vehicle in a traffic queue and the traffic light is still red?

Finally... the traffic light changed from red to green and when all the cars in the queue started moving, the young couple in the Proton Wira managed to manoeuvre its way out of the awkward position into the right lane. But they stopped beside the very van which "prevented" them to move just now and gave the driver what I call a "I Am Gonna Kill U!!!" stare.

Only after they satisfied with the 'stare' that they started to make a move, and it was then that the lady passenger 'made her move'. She put her hand out of the window and showed "the SIGN"There it goes...

Was that the only thing taught in the Moral lesson in school nowadays..!!? Does the chapter says "If you are frustrated with other drivers, show "The SIGN"

What kind of message are we sending to our children if it happened to be there with the so-well-mannered couple?

Is this what we expect our children to do when they are unhappy, frustrated, agitated, angry etc, learning from their mom and dad..!!?

I am really disappointed with our people, especially youngsters, nowadays after so much emphasis put to instill good manners and attitude amongst the people in our nation.

1 comment:

sharlydia said...

this is so common, i'm used to it now, after driving for so many years in KL...