Monday, March 10, 2008

On That Faithful Day

3rd March 2008: On this very faithful day a week ago, b4 we went to bed, when Yvonne said, "lao gong, come see what ur baby is doing in my tummy... He keeps pushing n pushing up my tummy. It's painful ler."

Then I jokingly said "Yea... he must b very excited bcos he's coming out soon", and then going near my Yvonne's tummy, I said "halor... halor... baby. When r u coming out? If very soon, then 'kick mommy two leg' ." With that we laughed and settled down to sleep at about 10:30pm.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
At about 1:50am,
4th March 2008, I was waken up by Yvonne saying "lao gong... I think I'm about to deliver... ur son's kicking n pushing is getting stronger n stronger." Not wanting to rush things, we decided to call the hospital Labor Ward for advise, and we were advised that if the contraction is getting more frequent (that is about 5 minutes apart) then it's time for Yvonne to be admitted.

At that time, we did something very funny (err... may b I find it funny lar.. hehehe) I was sitting by the side of our bed 'counting' Yvonne's contraction (may b some people out there will think this daddy has lost it liow hahahaha) And once we confirmed that the contraction is about 5 minutes apart, I said "I think it's best u go get ur bath now b4 I send u 2 hospital" (I know some people will sure ask why gotto take bath. It's bcos for a Chinese, the mommy is not able to bathe during the confinement month. So it means 1 month without clean water bath... hmmm... how would that smell har... hehehe)

About 3:00am, I sent Yvonne to the hospital and she was put under observation.
This machine is used to measure the frequency of the contraction, and from here we can hear baby's heart beat. Then a report will be printed out showing the frequency within an interval.
I was looking at this report n confirmed that Yvonne is suffering a contraction every 5 minutes. (~sigh~ really pity her when the contraction came) Like I've said no man will know the pain of labor and when u r standing there right beside ur lovely wife and seeing her suffer in labor n u can't do anything to help... that feeling is hard, my fren... real hard... heartbroken...

I remember a moment when, in her weak, trembling voice, she said "lao gong...... hern thong...." (meaning "hubby..... it's very painful") tears just filled up my eyes and my heart just 'died' there and at that particular moment I 'can feel her pain' in my heart. Yup! I cried. I can't stand to see my wife in such pain that I can't do anything to console her or lessen her pain. That broke my heart.

It's very strong for every woman to go through the labor, the pain, the suffering, for the man she loves... Words are not enough to describe what a woman can do, what a woman has done, and what a woman will do, for the man she loves. Man! Husband! Daddy! Father! LOVE UR WIFE! BCOS SHE LOVES U

This contraction continued until exactly 2:22pm when our son, Ethan, is born. We are very thankful to GOD for giving us this little precious life to brighten up Daniel's and Yvonne's life

5 comments:

Mumsgather said...

Congratulations Daniel. Welcome to the Parent club. Eh how come the hospital gave pink blanket for boy. They ran out of blue ah. Hehe.

Cat Cat said...

Congrats Daniel and welcome Ethan to this wonderful world. I know you will be loved by your lovely parent.

From the entry, I can tell you are one loving husband... Your wife is so lucky.

Yeah, to all hubby out there - love you wife more than she loves you... We, women, sacrified alot and trust me, we always think of family first.

Daniel said...

hi Mumsgather, thanks very much. I also dunno why they give pink instead of blue for my boy. My friends also say the same thing.. hahaha ;p

hi Cath, thanks to u too.. i hope i'll b a good father n will do our best to give Ethan the best of this world.. U r rite, what men do will never equate to the sacrifice that women have done for her family

Jacelyn Chew said...

Congrat, Daniel. Your bb is lovely and sweet. I can see that u are a good husband and a good daddy. How I wish all men are like you! So caring and loving to your wife....

Daniel said...

hi Jacelyn, thank u very much... in fact im still learning to be a good husband and loving daddy ;p