Thursday, May 22, 2008

Please Help

"Here I don't get enough to eat and I'm always tired"

"I need to find a school to continue my studies"

"I hope this is all a nightmare and I can return to my Beichuan, to my home"

"I was totally scared. The building was shaking and I didn't know what was going on. I just felt strange"



These are what the survivors of the China's largest natural catastrophes. Makeshift tents can be seen everywhere. Many have perished. Many badly injured, physically and mentally. Many have survived to tell the horror they had when the quake struck. Many building have collapsed, homes shattered, school destroyed, family broken, village destroyed.

The sight. The sound. And the smell of human suffering is everywhere you turn. Crowded hospitals and temporary relief centers you'll find.

As at 20th May 2008, the total number of casualty has risen to 40,075. Not to mention the number of injured victims. Supplies are scarce at this moment. Medical supplies, food, tents, quilts, clean drinking waters and many more.

Have You Done Your Part to Help? Donate with www.mercycorps.org or any other organisations which is running this earthquake relief mission.

Please Help

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

natural disasters are frightening...really feel sad for the victims

Daniel said...

hi Darkestangel, it's very true n i am totally sadden by the sufferings. Thanks for visiting