Friday, December 14, 2007

Oohhh... U must b paid alot

It has been some time since i meet all my ''low chin pui'' (in Cantonese means older generations, uncles, aunties, apek, achim hehe)

Then i finally meet all of them in my sister's wedding dinner last weekend... not one, not two. All of them... So u can imagine one fella running from table to table in the hall to greet the 'folks' while all my other siblings were busy with the other guests ;p

So, what do u know? After dunno how many donkey years didn't meet, the first thing that they all ask is "sien jai ni jai na li juo?" (in Mandarin could either mean where r u sitting now or where r u working) So, at that moment i m not gonna say "eh!! u got no eye see meh!!? I sitting there!" ;p

So i replied "Oh... now working in XXXXX company" I can tell u, their responses were all the same "Waa!!! Good company wor.... Very famous... U must b paid alot!" I wanted to reply "Oii...!!! U think what har!!? How u know XXXXX company is good wan har!!? How u know they pay me alot wan har!!? U the boss ar!!? U dunno I only get paid peanuts there lor... si-too-peed" which I didn't lar

Many a time people tend to think this XXXXX company u r working with is so very the good that they pay u alot... which in fact u only get peanuts.

So i normally reply this kind of people with "U see me good, I see me good only" (U r good, i dunno lar. But am sure i not very good lor... psst...psst...got anyone want 2 pay me higher ar? i'll quit n jump ship )

1 comment:

Twiggy said...

hello, i left a message on Maggiemee's Instantnoodlespot blog, but i think she's on leave and will not be checking her blog anytime soon.
hope you could help convey the message? I asked her about her french classes :D I want to enroll too, and was wondering if she could give me contact details.
It'd be great if you could help, thanks!