Thursday, October 18, 2007

Crocs, Is It Safe?

It’s like the latest trend in town now that almost everyone, young and old are wearing this type of shoe. If you still don’t know, it is the type of soft-soled clogs (known by the name of the most popular brand, Crocs)

Comes with assorted colors, I have friends telling me that it is pretty comfortable to be worn. And convenient too..?? (but how convenient, I don’t know lar …)

But recently, I have heard that there was a case where a child’s toe was set aflame suddenly while wearing this soft-soled clogs. I shrugged it off as nonsensical. I thought, how a shoe can be hazardous to people.? If you tell me that the child’s toe is injured while wearing this clogs, then I might belief it.

Now, I have stumbled upon an article written by the Associated Press writer, Sarah Karush.

In the article, it mentioned that children with Croc-clad foot got caught in an escalator and as a result, the child’s toe was badly injured. “…as far away as Singapore and Japan, entrapments occur because of two of the biggest selling points of shoes like Crocs: their flexibility and grip.”

So the selling points of these clogs is now their ‘killer’ eh… There are also reports that the shoes get caught in the “teeth” at the bottom or top of the escalator, or in the crack between the steps and the side of the escalator.

As these clogs are commonly worn by young children, so you can imagine who the victims are.

So, be careful when buying shoes for your cute and lovely children. It might cause your child his/her toe(s)…

No comments: