Thursday, October 18, 2007

What’s Happening With You When You Are 9 Weeks Pregnant

Just from the last post a few days ago that I mentioned that my wife is 8 weeks pregnant. Now that she’s 9 weeks into pregnancy.. Wow!!! Time really flies, man..

Ok now. Don’t go asking me about the surging hormones that ‘may do wonders for your libido’ that’s quoted. (I don’t see any of that coming, and ’sadly’ don’t get some too… hahaha) - just kidding ya…

Since my baby is 9 weeks old, as usual, I go on reading what’s happening inside my wife’s body to get some understanding. So, I went to my Week-to-Week guide on pregnancy here for further reading.

So, what’s happening to my wife

“Your breasts may be feeling full and tender. This can be one of the earliest symptoms of pregnancy. The areola typically darkens and Montgomery’s glands, lubricating sweat glands on the areola, may become prominent and more numerous. Especially for those with a light complexion, veins in the breast often become more pronounced.

Emotionally, you may feel like you are suffering from an ongoing bout of PMS. Even silly commercials may make you cry!”

Ok… I didn’t expect this is coming. But I know my wife is ’strong’. She’s gonna get through this.. hahaha

Now. Let’s see what’s happening to my baby inside.

At week 9, baby grows to between 20 and 28 millimeters from crown to rump, or about an inch. Weighing in at one gram, your baby is very active, although you can’t feel its movements.

He or she now has all the major organs, muscles and nerves. A Doppler may be able to identify the heartbeat.

At this early stage, it is still unable to determine the gender though the testes or the ovaries are formed, but the external genitalia appear sexless. Eyelids are beginning to form and the trunk is straightening and elongating. (I wonder what’s “the trunk” is???)

According to Wikipedia, Trunk = torso, i.e. anatomical term for the central part of the human body from which extend the neck and limbs.

No comments: