Thursday, October 18, 2007

Pan Mee For Lunch

Pan MeeI belief that everybody (Chinese, I mean) must have eaten the famous Pan Mee. For my friends who don’t know what on earth is this Pan Mee. It’s not actually made out of a pan. haha

Pan mee is just a flour base pasta that we, Chinese, make to be eaten like other soup based noodles. Ok, nowadays you can find the ‘kon low’ ones.. hehe

Anyway, my wife called me just now after lunch to tell me that she has ‘da pao’ Pan Mee for lunch today.

Wife: Wei… (this time she called “Wei”. I wonder where the affectionate “Lao kong” goes… hmmm)

Wife: Very busy ar..? Busy surfing the net hor…. hahaha

Me: Ya lor… Busy as usual. Surf net… hehe

Wife: Just now I went da pao Pan mee. You know what that fello put in the Pan Mee ar?

Me: Err… don’t know wor. What har?? Not nice ar? Or so very the nice? hehehe

Wife: He put vege, pork meat ball and sea weed oh… so weird…

Me: Har??? Sea weed!!??

Wife: Ya lor… you know, the japanese seaweed. That fellow put into the soup and cook the Pan mee wor… you say strange or not..?

Me: So, how har… nice ar..? hahaha

Wife: Wa lau eh… I also don’t know how to eat oh… how to tell baby what I am eating har? This time not our baby don’t want to eat lor. I myself don’t want to eat oh…

Me: hahahaha…

So, my friend. How to eat Pan Mee with seaweed? What do you normally find in a bowl of Pan Mee? Japanese seeweed? How about some abalone… hahahaha

No comments: