Thursday, October 18, 2007

Parenting

My wife has been feeling sick, vomiting and feeling nausea lately. Asked her whether she wants to go for a checkup but she refused.

Felt so sorry to see her vomiting every time and I have to fly to Chiengmai, Thailand for a 4-day meeting. So I’ve decided to bring her for a checkup, anyway, after my meeting.

Looking at the symptom, I reckoned that she might be pregnant (ya… “learned” it after watching too much of Chinese soap opera… hahaha)

So, I took her to a clinic that only specializes in women’s ’sickness’.

Upon the initial check, the doctor confirmed my year-long ‘learning’… My wife is 7 weeks into conception. I feel very happy, though, knowing this (that’s obvious, right..). The doctor performed Ultra-sound and there appeared an image on the screen.

Couldn’t make head or tail of that image initially. But after doc enlarged the image and pointed to a specific spot where the fetus is located, I finally managed to see clearly that’s my child forming.

One thing that amazed me was it’s heart. Through the Ultra-sound, we can see clearly that the heart is starting to be formed, and it is beating very fast.

I felt so happy. But, then it strikes me. My wife is pregnant!!!

This means I am going to be a father to ’somebody’. A father to a child of my own.

Am I ready for this?!!

Honestly. I don’t really like children too much. And, I have never thought of having any children of my own.

This is now freaking me out, man…

I think I am having a pre-natal phobia syndrome… hahahahahahaha

No comments: