Friday, October 19, 2007

Doc… I Have A Problem

A man walked into a clinic to see a doctor for consultation.

Man: Doc, I have a problem

Doc: Yes. May I know what is the matter that bothers you?snoring.jpg

Man: I have a slight problem, doc. Okay, one problem. One big problem. I snore while sleeping…

Doc: Don’t worry, Sir. I can help you.

Man: No, doc. I am having a big problem here, you know. My wife keeps complaining that I snore loudly every night. And this has been causing her not able to sleep.

Doc: Oh… that could be a problem here. snoring_01.jpg

Man: Ya. Actually, I don’t think my snoring is that bad, Doc. If it is that bad, then I would have heard myself snoring. Right..?? (Man looking at doctor for affirmation)

Doc: Err… that’s not exactly right, Sir. May I suggest a solution for you.

Man: (Excited) Ok, shoot me.

Doc: You can change the way you sleep. Try to sleep on your side instead of lying on your back tonight. This could help.

Man: Really? You’re the best, Doc.

Do you have snoring problem? I have read somewhere that sleeping on your side could help reducing the snoring while we sleep. But, does it help? I don’t know.

I’ve heard of doing some “jaw exercise”. This ‘jaw exercise’ that I read is to open my mouth as wide as possible while inhaling. Then, close it and to open again to exhale. And this exercise is to be done everyday for about 5 - 10 minutes. I didn’t try this bcos, personally, I feel pretty st2pid doing the opening and closing of my mouth, then open again exercise for 5 minutes. So many questions appear in my head, “What if it doesn’t help?” “What if it got worse?” “What if…”

One way is to change the pillow. Or, medication?

Is there any other ways to reduce snoring?

No comments: