Tuesday, October 30, 2007

How Much Would You Spend For Your Kids?

Children. They are our sunshine, our love, our life. I am sure we, as parents, will give up everything in our life to ensure that our little baby is having the best and live comfortably.

We make sure that our little sunshine has the best clothes to wear, the best milk formula. The best of everything so that your baby grows up healthy, intelligent, pretty, smart, clever and having all the world can give. But is it good for your kids?

Besides the best milk formula you can provide, how about the best of the other stuff? Every now and then I will hear my parents saying that we are pampering our little ones too much to the extend that they do not know how to appreciate the things that they have.

Would you do the same pampering your kids?

Would you be thinking "I didn't have such a luxury when I was young and I don't want my children to experience the same as I did" or would you say "I didn't have such luxury when I was young and I grow up to appreciate the things that I have now. So I want my children to learn to appreciate things around them like I do"

Take an example that I have encountered personally with one of my very close relative. She was looking for badminton racket for her children who are still in primary school (mind you, the children do not know how to play badminton at all)

This relative of mine wanted to buy the most expensive and the most famous brand in the store for her kids saying that "it's not very good for them to play with heavy rackets and they are so cheap..." And she added "I am the one paying... Who says I can't buy it for my kids.."

Would you pamper your kids though you know that they still wouldn't appreciate the value of things you give?

No comments: