Thursday, October 25, 2007

Sound Travels Faster Than Smell

This is an old one of a boy asking his father about light traveling faster than sound.

Boy: Daddy, why do I always see lightning first before I can hear the sound whenever it's raining?
Dad: Son, you see the lightning first is bcos your eyes is in front of hour head and your ears are behind. That's why you see the lightning first before you can hear it.
Son: (amazed by his father's intelligence) Wow, dad. You are so smart.. But, dad...
Dad: Yes, son.
Son: But why do I always hear you fart before I can smell it leh..?
Dad: (after a slight thinking) Son, it's bcos my fart come from behind and since your ears are behind, so you hear it first lor... then only you smell it. You see...
Son: (obviously amazed) Wow, dad. You are the smartest daddy in the whole world. I love you, daddy.

No comments: