Friday, October 26, 2007

I Am Sorry, Dad

Below is a short conversation between me and my dad. But one thing that I couldn't understand about him is his way of talking to his children (may be it's just to me. I don't know...)

It was about 7:40pm when my handphone rang (ring.... ring.... ring....)

Me: Hello...
Dad: Aye... where are you?
Me: I am in KL. What's the matter?
Dad: Err... what time are you going back home?
Me: Not sure oh... may be later. What's the matter? (I was starting to get worried of anything happened)
Dad: Err... nothing. When are you going back? Are you going back soon?
Me: (getting a bit irritated and worried) I am not going home yet. May be later. What's the matter!?
Dad: Err...nothing. Mum just cooked chicken rice. Just wanna bring some for you.
Me: Har..!!?? No lar. You should have called earlier.
Dad: I called 3 times but you didn't answer.
Me: When did you call?? What time?
Dad: Just now lor.
Me: Okay... may be tomorrow lar. Now not at home.

After the conversation, I felt guilty raising my voice on him. I am so sorry, dad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dont be too sad , next time dont rise your sound on dad will do , sometimes old folks really hope us can go back have a dinner with them , dont you think you will lonely one day if we get old ? Same also la ...